Wednesday 28 September 2011

- Artistic Clothing Creations -

This is a dress I created for a unit at school. The final task was to create an artistic costume.
After a lot of sketching, researching and test pieces, I came up with this design.
 In the process I've learned  a lot of new techniques and tricks white sewing, which inspired me while creating the dress and I  also experimented with a lot of bead work. The materials used to create this dress were crepe de chine and satin. I used angling line and beads to create the bead work. 


These above, are 2 dancer's costume me & Maris Callus created for Gianpula. The costume had to have something which isn't usually combined with clothing, and the costumes also had to be easily worn. We used  foil cups, so that when the dancers are dancing they would be constantly reflecting light, which create a nice effect.
Considering the costumes would be worn by different sized dancers , we used rubber so the costumes would stretch to the desired size. The top and the skirt were made with 3 different coloured tulle.


No comments:

Post a Comment